Saturday, June 8, 2013

The Anatomy of an Event- Part #1

I plan events.

For a living.

When I say "living".....I really mean I work for dog food. And the power bill. And my trips to the Dirt Cheap. 

So, a few months ago......I had my yearly large work event. And it was time consuming. It was a 2 day set up. However, it was sooooo much fun!

This is part 1 of 2 for this post.
I didn't mean for it to be so long......but then I realized how many photos I took!


Here is the peak behind the curtain of my latest work event:


I immediately claimed a corner in the room for us to work out of.



Naked tables. Airwall that needs to be opened. Pipe-and-drape that needs to go!



Chavari chairs that need seat cushions. Wall that needs to be draped from floor to ceiling.


Tables 1/3 of the way dressed.


Pipe-and-drap removed. Cushions going on chairs.


Chairs going around tables, lighting crew arrived, airwall moved. 

Lunch break and staff meeting. You can't run a staff meeting without a milkshake. And highlighter. 



Flowers arrived. And I oooo'd and aaahhhhh'd. 



Testing of centerpieces....another oooohhhh and aaaahhh moment. 


Part 2 will be completed product.

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This makes me want a milkshake! Yum!

The Jones Family said...

haha! Me too! I'm sucker for a good strawberry milkshake!